Johnston Withers Lawyers Are Your Family Lawyers in Adelaide
At Johnston Withers Lawyers, you’ll find that our family lawyers in Adelaide stand out from the competition. We are local lawyers with statewide experience. Whether you’re thinking about separation or have recently separated, we can help you navigate the road ahead and determine your next steps. We can help you understand the legal implications involved in divorce law, property law (including superannuation law), financial agreements, spousal maintenance, parenting arrangements, child support, and more.
Choosing Separation Lawyers in Adelaide
When you need a separation or child support lawyer in Adelaide, you may wonder how to choose the best one to help you in your unique situation. There are a few tips to choosing the right divorce lawyers for you.
- Watch for red flags: One of the best ways to know what to look for is to know what to avoid. Steer clear of lawyers who are too eager to tell you what you want to hear. We’ll treat you with the respect and attention you deserve; we’ll consider all the possible outcomes in your case helping you make the best decision for you and your family.
- Consider personal compatibility: If you and your lawyer are to work together effectively, you must feel comfortable with them. Trust your instincts if something feels “off.”
- Think about location: It’s best if you live nearby your lawyer’s firm so that regular meetings are more convenient. However, if your lawyer is located near the family court, this is also a favourable arrangement. Johnston Withers family lawyers offer you the best of both worlds with our extensive office network and a large office in Adelaide.
- Check experience and qualifications: Look for a divorce lawyer with the skills, knowledge, and qualifications required for the job. Especially if you and your partner want to resolve your dispute amicably, your lawyer should possess excellent problem-solving skills and be adept at compromise.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Your Divorce Lawyers in Adelaide
After you’ve selected a family lawyer, you will want to do everything you can to maintain a good rapport and work together effectively toward a satisfactory conclusion. Here are a few tips that can help you enjoy the most beneficial relationship possible with your lawyer.
- Be prepared: Show up to meetings prepared with everything your lawyer has asked for such as tax documents, pay records, divorce documents, and anything else relevant to your case.
- Know what you want: You may not know everything about what you want and don’t want, but it helps to have a general idea. Think about whether your goals include things such as shared parental responsibility, custody and accommodation including who a child lives with, spends time with and communicates with, increased visitation rights, spousal maintenance, property division and superannuation splitting and so on.
- Be honest: Even if what you have to share is potentially negative, you should be straightforward with your lawyer. They are there to use every fact to mitigate harmful effects or even to turn things to your advantage.
- Be sure to ask any questions you have, whether you don’t understand something, need clarification, or are unhappy with the way something is going.
Why Trust Johnston Withers Lawyers When Searching for a “Family Lawyer Near Me”
At Johnston Withers Lawyers, we pride ourselves on our history of working with a wide range of clients in a variety of situations, helping them reach the most favourable outcomes possible. We have regional offices in Port Augusta, Whyalla, Roxby Downs, Clare, and Murray Bridge. We are a legal team who will roll up their sleeves and dig into the challenges of every separation and divorce to help our clients and their families reach fair solutions. Contact Johnston Withers Lawyers for a free initial consultation today.