Until 2014, he chaired the Law Society of South Australia’s Accident Compensation Committee. He is regularly asked to speak on personal injury topics and is an active and contributing member of the Australian Lawyers Alliance.
Hugh’s started his legal life in the country – practicing in the Riverland for 18 years before joining Johnston Withers in 2005. It was a love of the outdoors that drew Hugh to the country life – a love that he still indulges through his interest in fishing, sports and travel.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Law Society of South Australia
- Law and Accident Compensation Committee (former chair, 2010 – 2014)
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Trees for Life South Australia
- Greening Australia
- National Trust of SA Inc
- Friends of the Heysen Trail
- The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary