Jit started his legal career in Malaysia in 2007. He was made a Partner in 2009 and established his own law firm in 2015. In Malaysia, Jit primarily practised in the area of criminal law including capital punishment offences, drug offences, penal code offences, white collar offences, and copyright infringements. His other areas of practice included litigation and family law. He has conducted full trials and handled matters up to the Appellate Courts in Malaysia.
Jit joins our team in 2021 and will be involved mainly in the areas of criminal law, family law and litigation. He will also be assisting our Murray Bridge office handling a variety of matters. Jit believes in providing honest legal advice and the best practical solutions to a client. Jit is also fluent in Bahasa Melayu (Malay language), Chinese (Hokkien dialect) and has basic fluency of Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese) and Bahasa Indonesia.
Outside of work, Jit is an avid gym goer and he has a keen interest in reading and soccer.
- 2021: Admission to the High Court of Australia
- 2020: Admission to the Supreme Court of South Australia
- 2007-2020: Admission to the High Court of Malaya (Malaysia)
- 2006: Certificate in Legal Practice (Malaysia)
- 2005: Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (University of London)
- Law Society of South Australia
- “He who fears he shall suffer, already suffers what he fears.”― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays