Ryan joined Johnston Withers in 2021 and works primarily in our Family Law and Wills and Estates Teams.
Ryan grew up in country SA, so he understands the sensitivities and complexities surrounding matrimonial property and estate matters involving family farms, businesses and trusts. He is passionate about helping clients resolve disputes without recourse to litigation and his strength is that he can empathise with clients while focussing his legal problem-solving skills on their unique situation and helping them reach a cost-effective resolution.
Ryan has long held an interest in access to justice and while studying volunteered in Cambodia and Laos where he worked with people from diverse cultural background promoting health, community economic development, education via Rotary Community Development programs.
Outside of work, Ryan enjoys playing Tennis, exploring the countryside, and digesting literature.
• Admitted as a practitioner in the High Court of Australia
• Admitted as a practitioner in the Supreme Court of South Australia
• Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
• Bachelor of Laws (University of Adelaide)
• Law Society of South Australia
• Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
“Attitude is a little thing that can make a big difference.”