Law Firm in Adelaide and Regional South Australia
We have provided legal services to South Australians for over 70 years.
Johnston Withers Lawyers is an Adelaide law firm which has been serving South Australia since 1946. We have a proud history of ensuring everyone has fair access to the power of the law. Our difference is our approach: we are lateral thinkers. Whilst we know the law we don’t just give you the obvious legal pathway. We pride ourselves at looking at the big picture and giving you the options and tools to reach your own solution.
Whether you are involved in a dispute, making a claim, need to deal with property or other transactions, have family law issues or thinking about estate planning, we can work with you and your other advisers – be they accountants, financial planners, doctors or bankers – to guide you through the legal processes.
- Free initial appraisal
- We provide fee information upfront to avoid any billing surprises
- No win, no fee offered on personal injury claims*
- Local knowledge and expertise with 5 regional offices
- Specialists in electronic conveyancing and document registration
SA Land Tax Reform. Managing Director, Andrew Mitchard & Head of Commercial Team, Kirsty Bennett – June 2020
Presentation of the new land tax changes which are coming into effect on 30 June 2020. The session goes for around 1 hour and covers:
- A summary of the changes
- Go through examples of how these changes effect aggregation of ownership and the calculation of land tax on jointly owned property and property held in discretionary, fixed and unit trusts
- The process of nominating beneficiaries for property held by discretionary trusts – the advantages and pitfalls
- Summary of what Trusts may be defined as “excluded trusts”
- Explanation of how companies may be aggregated
- Review the timeline and key dates including the land tax transitional fund (concessions and deferred payment arrangements due to Covid-19).