2015 has been a very good year for Johnston Withers. Amongst other things we have
- put our new brand to use, and launched our new website
- got some great press in the Advertiser and on the ABC’s Law Report about our ground breaking work helping businesses and individuals to protect their on line reputation
- acted for a number of Aboriginal communities in various jurisdictions across Australia, including achieving further determinations of native title of areas of country for the Adnyamathanha people
- been at the forefront of understanding the transition from WorkCover to Return to Work, and how the new legislation can best be used to support injured workers
- represented many fire fighters who have suffered cancer as a result of their fire fighting duties and achieved substantial lump sum compensation payments for them and their families
- assisted paramedics who suffered injuries from assaults by patients and bystanders affected by drugs and alcohol
- appointed some talented new staff – including Anne Waddell Smith who is now managing our Whyalla office
- run a great retreat, and more recently hosted client Christmas drinks, in the beautiful Clare Valley, where we got the opportunity to put faces to the names of a number of our Clare clients
- through our talented conveyancing team, helped almost 700 South Australians buy or sell their home, business or farm
- given advice to a number of those families now how to protect their new assets
- represented numerous people in the criminal courts
- added a new member to our family – with Ted Guthrie’s son, Monty, being born in March
- earlier this month, honoured our revered founder, Elliott Johnson AM QC, at the Elliott Johnston Memorial Lecture, and
- been honoured ourselves by the Magna Carta 800th Committee who presented us with a framed copy of the Magna Carta for our ‘work, support and contribution for many years to provide Australians with access to affordable legal advice’ – the only SA firm to receive the honour.
We hope your year has also been productive and fun.
We’ll be taking a (well earned) break over Christmas – from lunchtime on Wednesday 23 December to Monday 4 Jan – and look forward to working with you, and for you, in 2016.
Wishing you all a wonderful break.
The Directors and Staff of Johnston Withers